The new year of 2015 is here, and with it, another fresh issue of WashingtonExec’s Weekly E-Magazine. Here’s what happened the week of Jan. 5, in case you missed it.
We are gearing up for our 2015 K-12 STEM Symposium on March 7, 2015, at the Nysmith School in Herndon, Va. This year’s theme is “The Parent Factor: How to Engage Your Kids in STEM.” The free, all-day event runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and equally engages children, parents and teachers, with corporate, government, academia and non-profit executives from the STEM fields. For more information, click here.
In this week’s issue of RollCall, you’ll learn which 11 people have new jobs and the 12 who are celebrating a workplace anniversary.
The big stories since our last eMagazine included the passing of SAIC Founder Dr. J. Robert Beyster, who died Dec. 22, 2014, at the age of 90. WashingtonExec also interviewed Manish Agarwal, President of Attain, who spoke about the importance of the National Kidney Foundation, and Intel’s Jason Kimrey, who discussed the company’s problem-solving approach to providing government technology. Additionally, Acentia CEO Todd Stottlemyer let us in on what all human capital professionals ought to know about successful M&A transactions.
The new year also means new jobs and appointments for the following executives:
- Vistronix named John Hassoun CEO, as former CEO Deepak Hathiramani will remain Chairman of the Board;
- Krisstie Kondrotis became Spirit AeroSystems Inc.’s Senior Vice President of Business Development;
- Decision Sciences International Corporation named Dr. Gene Ray the company’s interim CEO and Adm. Jay Cohen the interim COO as Dr. Stan Sloane will leave at the end of the month to join Comtech Telecommunications;
- Gil Smith is now President of YRCI, having previously served as Executive Vice President;
- Freedom Information Systems Inc. appointed Douglas Donegan Vice President of Business Development;
- Salient promoted four within its senior management team;
- iGov named John Bowen the new Director of Business Development
- Jerry Briggs is now CACI’s Executive Vice President and Business Group Manager of Healthcare, Litigation & Enterprise IT;
- Oceus Networks Inc. appointed Jeff Harman as COO and Kevin Styles as CTO; and
- Professional Services Council elected a new Board of Directors and Executive Committee for 2015.
Our 2015 Market Outlook Series has been met with tremendous insight and response from notable executives including Vencore President and CEO Mac Curtis; Bobbie Kilberg of NVTC; Altamira Chief Strategy Officer Jonathan Moneymaker; GMU’s Dr. Kamaljeet Sanghera; Captone Corp. CEO Richard White; NTT Data’s Tim Conway; YRCI’s President Gil Smith; Karsun Solutions LLC Chief Innovation Officer Badri Sriraman; Pragmatics’ Joe Brock, Jr.; Intuitive.IT CEO Gil Guarino; Scott Goss of Preferred Systems Solutions Inc.; Zia Islam, of Zantech IT; Brad Antle of Salient Federal Solutions; Joe Martore of CALIBRE; Sal Fazzolari of CRGT Inc.; Stan Soloway of Professional Services Council; and Suresh Shenoy of IMC.
Finally, make sure to save the date for the Leadership and Ethics Conference for HS Juniors (March 19), Bite Me Cancer Foundation’s First Teen Cancer Awareness Week (Jan. 18-24), INSA Leadership Dinner, featuring NGA Director Robert Cardillo (Jan. 21), DC Heart Ball (Feb. 28, 2015), 2015 K-12 WashingtonExec STEM Symposium (March 7) and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce 2015 Innovation Awards (April 20), with nominations due Jan. 16.
For all of this information and more, read this week’s e-Magazine in it’s entirety here.