The Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce, formerly Fairfax Chamber, announced April 22 the winners for the 2nd Annual Greater Washington Innovation Awards, which celebrates the thought leadership, innovation and creativity of individuals and organizations in select industries in the Greater Washington metro area. The winners were announced live April 21 at the awards gala.
“The 2016 Greater Washington Innovation Awards winners represent the most-forward thinking companies in our region,” Northern Virginia Chamber President and CEO Jim Corcoran said. “They are shaping the future of business as we know it. We applaud each of the winners for their contributions to the Greater Washington business community and beyond.”
This year’s Innovation Awards winners are:
- Tech Innovator of the Year: Leidos
- Emerging Tech Innovator of the Year: RightEye, LLC
- Public Service Innovator of the Year: The Arc of Northern Virginia
- Professional Service Innovator of the Year: Diamond Mind
- Hospitality, Tourism & Entertainment Innovator of the Year: Airside Mobile, Inc.
- Health & Life Sciences Innovator of the Year: Aperiomics, Inc.
- Marketing & Advertising Innovator of the Year: WeddingWire, Inc.
- Business Choice Innovator of the Year: LifeFuels
- Emerging Innovators of the Year: Tobin Moore, Co-founder & CEO, Optoro, and Adam Vitarello, Co-founder & President, Optoro
- Lifetime Innovator: Steve Case, Chairman & CEO, Revolution Growth, Co-founder, AOL, and Chairman, The Case Foundation