The Best of Reston Awards Gala will be held 5:30 to 10 p.m. April 30 at the Hyatt Regency Reston. The annual business and social event raises funds and awareness about community involvement and corporate philanthropy in Reston.
The event is the result of a partnership between the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce and Cornerstones, a nonprofit organization that promotes self-sufficiency by providing support and advocacy for those in need of food, shelter, affordable housing, quality childcare and other human services.
This year’s honorees are:
- Civic/Community Organization — His Hidden Treasures (Troy and Lois Hughes)
- Small Business Leader — Maid Bright (Maria Fedick, Yusuf and Zeynep Mehmetoglu)
- Corporate Business Leader — Leidos (Mike Coogan, Director, Corporate Responsibility)
- Corporate Business Leader — MAXIMUS (Susan Boren, Mark Andrekovich, Tom Romeo)
- Individual Community Leader — Francis C. Steinbauer
- Vade Bolton-Ann Rodriguez Legacy Award — Casey Veatch
- Individual Community Leader — Larry Butler
Individual tickets are $200. Click here for more information.