The Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce announced April 20 the eight winners for the 1st Greater Washington Innovation Awards at the event’s gala. The Innovator of the Year and a Lifetime Innovator were also recognized.
“The 2015 Greater Washington Innovation Awards Winners represent companies that are shaping the future of business as we know it,” Fairfax Chamber president and CEO Jim Corcoran said. “We applaud each of the winners for their contributions to the Greater Washington business community and beyond. They are true leaders.”
This year’s winners are:
- Tech Innovator of the Year: Clarabridge
- Public Sector Innovator of the Year: Fairfax County Office of Public Private Partnerships
- Professional Service Innovator of the Year: cove
- Hospitality, Tourism & Entertainment Innovator of the Year: Wolf Trap Foundation for Performing Arts
- Health & Life Sciences Innovator of the Year: Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Marketing & Advertising Innovator of the Year: AOL
- Innovator of the Year: Emanuel F Petricoin, Ph.D, University Professor and Co-Director of the Center for Applied Proteomics and Molecular Medicine in the School of Systems Biology at George Mason University
- Lifetime Innovator: Joe T. May, Founder and Chairman of the Board and Chief Technology Officer of EIT LLC
The awards recognized the thought leadership, innovation and creativity of the individuals and organizations in select industries in the Greater Washington metro area.
All applications were evaluated by an independent set of judges, who were most interested in the measurable, sufficient results the innovation has obtained while on the market.