On June 15, entrepreneurs of the greater Washington area came together in celebration of their accomplishments for the 2016 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Mid-Atlantic Awards at the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner.
This year’s black tie gala marked the 30th anniversary of recognizing entrepreneurs for the products and services they provide to their community. What began as a single program out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1986, has grown international – with 25 U.S. programs and now based in more than 60 countries.
From Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger” to Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin’,” the mood of the night was carried with a ’80s throwback playlist in honor of its 1986 start.
The eight winners for the Entrepreneur of The Year 2016 Mid-Atlantic Award include:
- Emerging: Osiris Hoil, District Taco
- Family Business: Bill Marriott, Marriott International, Inc.
- Government Services: Sonny Kakar, Sevatec
- Health: Michael O’Neil, GetWellNetwork, Inc.
- Products and Services: Joe Pack, Atlantic Emergency Solutions
- Social Responsibility: Carrie Rich, The Global Good Fund
- Technology: David Link, ScienceLogic
- Technology Services: Rick Calder, GTT Communications, Inc.
Later this year, all EY Mid-Atlantic winners will compete at the national level for EY Entrepreneur of the Year.