The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) has announced the finalists for its 18th annual 2014 Greater Washington Technology CFO Awards. Winners will be announced at a NVTC banquet set for June 2 at the Tysons Corner Ritz-Carlton.
NVTC is a membership and trade association tailored to the Northern Virginia’s technology community.
This year’s awards recognize financiers and chief financial officers who have invested time and expertise to promote the National Capital area’s technology community.
Awards will be bestowed upon CFOs of the year in the categories of: private company, public company, large company, emerging growth company, which honors the CFO at the helm of a company with a revenue under $50 million, and financier of the year.
Ron Kaiser, a Board member for the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), will receive the Michael G. Devine Hall of Fame Award for having contributed to the area’s technology business community.
NVTC is also hosting a symposium May 9 entitled “The Future of Our Region as a Global Center for Big Data.” Access the event preview here.
Finalists for the June 2 Awards Banquet are as follows:
Public Company CFO of the Year
- Cary Claiborne, Sucampo Pharmaceuticals
- John Ferrari, United Therapeutics
- Robert (Bob) Kramer, Emergent BioSolutions Inc.
- Brian Radecki, CoStar Group
- David Walker, MAXIMUS
Private Company CFO of the YearAward
- Bas Brukx, Clarabridge
- Bill Davis, Blackboard Inc.
- Cathy Graham, 2U
- Maria Izurieta, 3Pillar Global
- Bill Loomis, FileTek Inc. and Centennial Computer Corporation
- Anthony Schulien, ECS Federal Inc.
Emerging Growth CFO of the Year Award
- Robert (Bob) Aldrich, Parature Inc.
- Eileen Anderson, InfoPro Incorporated
- Andrew Gabor, Tenable Network Security
- Joe Harar, EdgeConneX Inc.
- Jim Keller, BoxTone Inc.
- Robert (Bob) Latchford, Optoro Inc.
Large Company CFO of the Year Award
- John Hartley, SAIC
- Hal Jones, Graham Holdings Company
- Roger Millay, Towers Watson
Financier of the Year Award
- CIT GAP Funds
- Tony Florence, New Enterprise Associates
- Carter Griffin, Updata Partners
- LLR Partners
- Tom Roberts, Harbert Venture Partners (HVP)
KPMG Partner Mark Callihan will chair this year’s awards program.