1105 Media’s Public Sector Events Group announced today its government technology training events in 2013 will now be co-located as the Government IT Forum, offering insight on current policy and technology trends in big data, cloud, cyber, mobile and records & information management, all in one location. The co-location will help government IT decision-makers address current challenges and set the stage for 2014 initiatives.
The one-day event is free for government employees and will take place December 2-3, 2013 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
“We are excited to offer such a comprehensive line up of critical training across five key technology areas – all in one place at the same time,” said Mark Gable, events director at 1105 Media, Inc. “Not only are the events convenient to attend, but they also remove budget obstacles for our government attendees as they can participate for free.”
The five events co-locating to form the Government IT Forum are:
- Cloud & Virtualization – exploring how opportunities for adoption and access are being addressed by the new portfolio management review process.
- Big Data & Business Intelligence – providing insight into lessons learned from agencies that are finding ways to acquire the modern work tools generated by big data analytics.
- Cybersecurity – addressing the challenges of navigating the risks of reduced budgets and archaic technology during times of growing cyber threats.
- Mobile Government – featuring the latest information on programs and valuable ideas for achieving the objectives of the Digital Government Strategy.
- Records & Information Management – discussing compliance with National Archives and Records Administration policies, lessons learned and how to avoid unexpected mines and traps.
Each event will host pre-event workshops on December 2, 2013, and will feature a combined exhibit hall showcasing the latest technological innovations for government.
For more information about the Government IT Forum, click here.