The Small and Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum (SECAF), has today appointed two new members to its Board of Directors. Devon E. Hewitt, Partner at Protorae Law, PLLC and Jeannette King, President and CEO of SRE, Inc. will both serve the Board by supporting the organization’s activities within the government contracting industry for two years.
“During 2012-2013, SECAF accomplished tremendous growth in terms of membership, quality events and offerings that provided unparalleled value to the Small and Emerging Contracting Community. In an effort to continue on this trajectory and accelerate it, the SECAF board unanimously decided to tap the talents of two exceptional leaders in the Small and Emerging Contracting Community,” said Kwesi Rogers, chairman of SECAF and president of Federal National Commercial Credit.
“We believe that the addition of Devon and Jeannette to the SECAF Board of Directors further ensures that the organization continues to be a valuable resource for its members and the entire government contracting community as a whole,” he said.
Hewitt has years of experience as a Government Contracts attorney and has represented companies on a variety of size matters,
Mentor/Protégé agreements and joint ventures at the U.S. Small Business Administration. Hewitt has published a treatise on Small Business Contracting Programs and is a columnist for Bloomberg BNA’s Federal Contracts Reports. She also is a regular speaker for industry events sponsored by the American Bar Association, Professional Services Council, Society of Mechanical Engineers, American Legion, National Contract Management Association, Association of Corporate Counsel and others.
King has more than 15 years of experience in commercial and federal project and program management, with a focus on Information Security and Application Development. She has managed multiple level stakeholders within organizations and has produced successful track records with multiple large government agencies, as well as at large companies like Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
The full 2013-2014 Board of Directors roster includes the following:
- Kwesi Rogers, Federal National Commercial Credit – SECAF Board Chairman
- Scott Brezler, Dixon Hughes Goodman LLC – SECAF Board Treasurer
- Devon E. Hewitt, Protorae Law
- Jeannette King, SRE, Inc.
- Shiv Krishnan, INDUS Corporation
- Kathy Albarado, Helios HR
- Sandra Corbett, InCadence Strategic Solutions
- Frances Craig, Unanet Technologies
- Bob Dinkel, Pierce Capital Partners
- Robert Dozier, RWD Consulting
- Dr. Sue Evans, Evans Incorporated
- Tiffanny Gates, Blackbird Technologies
- Cameron Hamilton, The McLean Group
- Jack Hughes, Phoenix Financial & Advisory Services LLC
- Mark Moore, John Marshall Bank
- Andrew Sherman, Jones Day
- Paul Skurpski, Pleasant Valley Business Solutions