Jacqueline Lampert, Manager, Marketing and Communications, E3/Sentinel
Jacqueline Lampert has elevated E3/Sentinel through innovative and relevant MarCom strategies, and has demonstrated the leadership and creativity necessary to continue to build the company’s internal and external eminence. All the while, she has excelled as a leader and as the champion for the company in these unpredictable and uncertain times.
E3/Sentinel has grown more than 50% over the last 18 months. This is a byproduct of both its internal and external growth. The stability Lampert and her innovation brings and the holistic approach to myriad of MarCom activities the organization has taken on since her arrival in July 2018 has been unparalleled in the market — her accomplishments would be normal for 5 years, yet she has done it in a year.
Lampert’s achievements and appreciation of these activities, along with her main focus areas, are:
- Successfully leading E3/Sentinel through the introduction of three new companies into its platform through acquisitions since August 2019
- Leading an overall rebranding campaign for the entire organization, culminating with the release of new brand in the fall of 2020
- Elevating E3/Sentinel’s social presence, blog/video presence, spotlights on employees and career opportunity
- Leading the refresh and brand consistency in corporate marketing materials.
- Leading the retooling of company communications using avenues to bring content quickly and efficiently to a geographically dispersed employee population during these uncertain times
- Introduction of health and wellness and many new remote learning and professional development with new branded programs backing E3/Sentinel’s integrated talent management efforts during COVID and this environment of virtual employment
- Development and launch of key campaigns within E3/Sentinel’s platform focused on leading-edge technologies and relevant capabilities including space, countering of weapons of mass destruction, and digital transformation.
- Co-collaboration on the implementation and introduction of a massive training platform in January 2020. Then, quickly adapting to the nontraditional working environments COVID presented and using this training platform as a key medium for how the company communicates with its nearly 1,000 people spread throughout the globe
Lampert isn’t just changing the company; she’s using all these concepts to move the marketing community in a swift direction of adaptability and a willingness to quickly adjust during times of crisis. She is setting a new standard for MarCom in this environment. Colleagues and customers are demanding this approach with a renewed focus on outcomes and demonstrated successes. Lampert is the right leader for the team as it continues to elevate its game as an enterprise platform ready to dominate the market.