The finalists for the 2018 Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards were announced Sept. 12 at a private reception by the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce and the Professional Services Council.
For 16 years, these awards have honored business and individual excellence in the government contracting industry. George J. Pedersen, executive chairman of ManTech, is this year’s Hall of Fame inductee. Earlier this week, the organization celebrated 50 years of business by ringing the Nasdaq closing bell. (Watch the event live on Nasaq’s Facebook page.)
The 2018 Public Sector Partner of the Year will go to Susan Gordon, principal deputy director of national intelligence. Winners will be unveiled at the annual gala at the Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner on Nov. 5, from 5:30-9 p.m. The finalist selection panel included Anne Altman, Dr. John Hillen, Tim Keenan, Charles Rossotti, Stan Soloway and Peggy Styer.
The 2018 GovCon Awards finalists include:
Contractor of the Year (up to $25 million)
• Evans Inc.
• Invictus International Consulting
• Ridgeline International
Contractor of the Year ($25 million-$75 million)
• AbleVets LLC
• Ad Hoc
• Atlas Research
Contractor of the Year ($75 million-$300 million)
• E3 Federal Solutions
• Knight Point Systems
• T-Rex Corp.
Contractor of the Year (greater than $300 million)
• LGS Innovations
Executive of the Year (up to $75 million)
• Cosmo DiMaggio, CEO, The Tauri Group, Inc.
• Sarbari Gupta, CEO & President, Electrosoft
• Michael McDermott, President, InquisIT LLC
• Marybeth Wootton, CEO, Berico Technologies, LLC
• Amy Wright, President & CEO, Macro Solutions
Executive of the Year ($75 million-$300 million)
• Greg Baroni, chairman and CEO, Attain, LLC
• Sonny Kakar, CEO, Sevatec Inc.
• William Vantine, president & CEO, Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc.
• John Wood, CEO and chairman of the board, Telos Corp.
Executive of the Year (greater than $300 million)
• John Goodman, Chief Executive, Accenture
• Tim Hurlebaus, President, CGI Federal
• Anthony Moraco, CEO, SAIC
• Susanna Mudge, President & CEO, Chemonics International
• Kevin Philips, President & CEO, ManTech International
WashingtonExec is an annual media partner for the event. Read more about the program’s 2017 winners here.