This spring, the government contracting community will have the opportunity to prepare for industry changes, such as the emergence of big data and mobile technology, with the course, “Building Government Acumen: Competing for the Future” at George Mason University.
Students will explore the new era being formed by the conversion of high-impact industry trends in this course geared toward mid-level and rising executives who want to lead their companies into the future. Topics to be discussed include the government’s adoption of cloud computing, the emergence of a mobile workforce, the spread of big data, and the increasing pressure to reduce costs.
The class will focus on practitioner-led discussions featuring senior executives from leading government contractors. Besides this executive education, participants will have a powerful networking opportunity and a one-on-one coaching experience.
The course will be held March 24-26, April 14, May 12, and June 2, 2015 at George Mason University’s Founders Hall at 3351 N. Fairfax Dr. in Arlington, VA.
Attendance is limited, so be sure to register early to reserve a seat in the spring 2015 class. Early registrants and PSC members will receive a discount.
The confirmed faculty include:
- Anne Altman, General Manager, U.S. Federal and Government Industries, IBM
- Teresa Carlson, Vice President, Worldwide Public Sector, Amazon Web Services
- Bruce Caswell, President, Maximus
- Mike Daniels, Member, Board of Directors, NVTC, Mercury Systems, CACI, Acentia and BlackBerry
- Mike Goldberg, Partner & Director, Bain & Company
- John Hillen, Executive-in-Residence, School of Business, George Mason University and Founder & Former CEO, Sotera Defense Solutions
- David Kriegman, CEO, Z2B, LLC and former COO, SRA
- George Newstrom, Vice President & General Manager, Dell Services Federal Government, Inc.
- Sumeet Shrivastava, President, Array Information Technology
- Stan Soloway, President & CEO, Professional Services Council
- Todd Stottlemyer, CEO, Acentia
- Dave Zolet, Executive Vice President & General Manager, Americas, CSC