The United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) is currently accepting nominations for its annual awards program. The awards program recognizes the exceptional work of individuals in the geospatial intelligence tradecraft.
“This year will mark the 10th year USGIF has proudly recognized individuals and teams for their outstanding accomplishments and service in support of the geospatial intelligence tradecraft,” said Kevin Jackson, chair of the Awards Subcommittee at USGIF. “Take a moment to reflect on the people around you, who deserve to be recognized by their peers at this premiere event. The nomination process is simple and the reward is priceless.”
Those selected for these awards receive free registration to the GEOINT 2013 Symposium. Their achievements will be acknowledged on stage during the general session, in the program guide, on USGIF’s multiple websites, and in press releases and news articles.
“Since the beginning of our awards program, we have seen a steady rise in the number and quality of submissions,” said Keith Masback, CEO, USGIF. “It’s incredibly important that we take this annual opportunity to appropriately recognize those who have distinguished themselves in our community by their hard work, dedication and uniquely valuable contributions.”
Last year’s winners included:
- Academic Achievement—Geographic Information Systems program, Washington College
- Academic Research Achievement—Center for Geospatial Intelligence, George Mason University
- Administrative Support Achievement—Helen “DeeDee” Demes, The SI Organization
- Government Achievement—Humanitarian Information Unit, U.S. Department of State
- Industry Achievement—Satellite Sentinel Project, DigitalGlobe
- Military Achievement—U.S. Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command
For more information on how to apply for the program, click here.