The Air Force Association (AFA) recently announced the winners of the CyberPatriot V National Finals competition. The first place winner of the Open Division and the President’s trophy was the Chantilly Academy’s team “VOID,” of Chantilly, Va. The All Service Division first place winner of the Commander-in-Chief Cup was the “Devil Dogs” of the Marine Military Academy from Harlingen, Texas.
About $50,000 in scholarships from The Northrop Grumman Foundation will go to the top three teams of each division.The foundation is the presenting sponsor of the competition and has awarded a total of $158,000 in scholarship over the last three years. The top three teams include the following:
- 1st place: VOID from Chantilly Academy, Chantilly, Virginia
- 2nd place: Flying Bacon from Marshall Academy, Falls Church, Virginia
- 3rd place: ____ Invaders from Marshall Academy, Falls Church, Virginia
All Service Division:
- 1st place: Devil Dogs from Marine Military Academy, Harlingen, Texas
- 2nd place: Marine Raiders from Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School, Fitchburg, Massachusetts
- 3rd place: CyberBears from La Cueva High School, Albuquerque, New Mexico
The keynote speaker of CyberPatriot’s Awards Banquet Secretary of the Air Force Michael B. Donley, addressed the critical need for a new generation of cyber defenders. Corporate Vice President and President of Northrop Grumman Information Systems Kathy Warden presented the Open Division awards, while Brig. Gen. Burke E. Wilson, Deputy Commander, Air Forces Cyber, Fort Meade, Md., presented the All Service Division awards.