Larry D. Thompson has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Washington Post Company. His election brings the Company’s board to 11 members.
Thompson’s previous experiences include:
· Senior Vice President of Government Affairs (retired May 2011)
· General Counsel and Secretary of PepsiCo.
· Deputy Attorney General to the U.S. Department of Justice
· Partner in the Atlanta law firm of King & Spaulding
· U.S Attorney of the Northern District of Georgia
· Head to the Corporate Fraud Task Force by President George W. Bush
Donald E. Graham, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Washington Post Company, said, “Larry’s tremendous knowledge and reputation in both the corporate and government worlds will make him a very valuable director of our Company.”
Thompson currently serves of the Board of Directors of many companies including Southern Company and Cbeyond.