At the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Institute of Medicine’s (IoM) Health Data Initiative Forum Chief Technology Officer Aneesh Chopra and OrganizedWisdom announced the launch of a joint effort, StartUp Health.
StartUp Health, chaired by former Chairman and CEO of Time Warner INC. Jerry Levin, is a strategic initiative designed to improve access to capital, education and resources for health and wellness entrepreneurs. The initiative strives to close the Health Gap between entrepreneurs, corporations, universities, foundations and other stakeholders committed to hastening meaningful health and wellness innovation.
The goals of StartUp are to help entrepreneurs create, fund and build sustainable health and wellness companies by improving access to:
· Long-term support, guidance and mentoring
· Data, technology, tools and other required resources
· Sector-specific investors and stage-appropriate capital
· A collaborative community of like-minded people and organizations
· A talent pool of people dedicated to meaningful innovation in health and wellness
To get involved, visit startuphealth’s facebook page.