The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) held its Igniting Innovation Showcase and Awards event April 25 to recognize the most innovative uses of technology to benefit government programs and citizen services. The Showcase provides an educational forum to feature the “best of the best.”
The 2016 Igniting Innovation Award Overall Winner went to myUSCIS: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
The Dynamite Award Winners included:
- Impacter – Greatest magnitude of innovation results and benefits.
IdentityTheft.gov: Lockheed Martin and Federal Trade Commission
- Game Changer – Disruptive innovation that creates a new market, significantly impacts an existing one, or results in a major breakthrough on a longstanding problem.
- Transformer – Uses existing technology to transform or extend existing capabilities resulting in new or broadened applicability and use.
Ares Mobile Biometric Solution: InCadence Strategic Solutions
- Incubator – Not-yet-deployed innovation with greatest potential to enhance services to citizens or government operations (must have at least a working prototype).
DHS CMSI PushButtonPD™: Cyber Management Support Initiative, Department of Homeland Security
The Top 8 finalists included:
- Ares Mobile Biometric Solution: InCadence Strategic Solutions
- Federated Person Query: Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security
- Flexible Agile Development Services (FADS): U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security
Gov2Go: Information Network of Arkansas/NIC
- IdentityTheft.gov: Lockheed Martin and Federal Trade Commission
- Montana Business Checklist: Montana Governor’s Office of Economic Development and Montana Interactive/NIC
- myUSCIS: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Decennial Census (2020): SAS Federal, U.S. Census Bureau