The Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA) will host a Leadership Dinner and discussion with Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, the Hon. Marcel Lettre, on May 5 at The Ritz-Carlton in Pentagon City. Lettre will reflect on the current state of defense intelligence under his leadership as the fourth USD,I.
The evening will include a keynote from the Secretary followed by an after dinner discussion moderated by INSA’s Chairman of the Board and former Director of NGA, Letitia A. Long.
Discussion topics include:
- Secretary Lettre’s Vision and Guidance for the Defense Intelligence Enterprise
- How the Joint Information Environment (JIE) and IC ITE are Enabling Greater Intelligence Integration
- The Third U.S. Offset Strategy – Challenges and Opportunities
- Ongoing Defense Reform Discussions
- Reflections during his first year as the USD,I
As the USD,I, Secretary Lettre is the principal intelligence advisor to the Secretary of Defense and exercises authority over all intelligence and security organizations within DoD to include the Military and COCOMs Intelligence Components, DIA, NSA, NGA, NRO and DSS.
Across the Defense Intelligence components, Secretary Lettre oversees the $18 billion Military Intelligence Program (MIP), the Defense portion of the $54 billion National Intelligence Program (NIP), the intelligence interests within the Battlespace Awareness portfolio and more than 110,000 personnel.
The cost to attend is $225 for INSA members, $325 for non-members and free for federal employees. Click here for more information and to register.