AT&T announced Dec. 2 that it has made its AT&T NetBond® service available to federal government agencies to help them make fast, private and reliable network connections to Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud (US).
“Agencies can use our NetBond capability as their private access point to services in AWS GovCloud (US) for fast, high-performing cloud services,” AT&T Government Solutions President Kay Kapoor said. “In this era of a ‘Cloud First’ government, NetBond can help public sector agencies use cloud services confidently and cost-efficiently.”
“Our AWS GovCloud (US) was built with our government customers in mind, specifically for the regulatory and compliance requirements of the public sector,” Amazon Web Services Inc. Worldwide Public Sector Vice President Teresa Carlson said. “With AT&T NetBond and AWS GovCloud (US), public sector customers have great options available to them as they move to the cloud. This pairing will help agencies take advantage of the many benefits of the cloud, such as increased agility and cost-savings.”
AT&T NetBond lets agencies bypass the public Internet to connect to cloud services, helps users make more efficient use of bandwidth and can also help improve latency performance by as much as 50 percent compared to traditional internet.
AT&T NetBond benefits include:
- Ease of Use: Works with existing AT&T Virtual Private Network (VPN). You don’t need additional equipment or access lines.
- Security: Isolates traffic to provide more protections from security risks on the Internet.
- Savings: Save as much as 60 percent on networking costs through smart bandwidth usage.
- Performance: Improves latency performance by as much as 50 percent compared to traditional internet
- Compatibility: Integrates with cloud partners using patented technology.