The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) announced Dec. 8 the winners of the 2014 NVTC Tech Awards, a new awards program recognizing influential leaders and innovative companies/firms in Northern Virginia’s technology community. The awards program received 101 nominations in its inaugural year.
Winners in the two Tech Company of the Year categories were chosen through online voting in the weeks leading up to TechCelebration.
- NVTC Associate Member of the Year: Consumer Electronics Association
- Tech Executive of the Year: Teresa Carlson, Amazon Web Services
- Innovative Use of Technology: Tie — CSC and Monster Government Solutions
- Tech Company of the Year (less than $50 million in revenue): Zoomdata Inc.
- Tech Company of the Year (more than $50 million in revenue): Vencore
The event also featured Northrop Grumman Chairman, CEO and President Wes Bush, who received the Pinnacle Award for his leadership and contributions to the Northern Virginia technology community.
In addition, NVTC honored Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) President Bob Templin, who accepted the Earle C. Williams Lifetime Achievement Award, which is presented to a person whose lifetime personal and professional endeavors have made a significant impact on the Northern Virginia technology community.