Ernst & Young held its 2013 Entrepreneur of the Year Greater Washington Awards last week at the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner. This year’s black-tie event brought over 500 attendees to celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit of the D.C. region.
The event included a cocktail reception and all attendees networked on the fifth floor foyer before processing to the ballroom for the evening program.
The winners of this year’s Washington, D.C. Entrepreneur of the Year Awards included:
- Sharon Virts Mozer of FCi Federal for the Government Services division
- Mahfuz Ahmed of DISYS for the Business and Financial Solutions division
- Spencer Williamson of Intelliject, Inc. for the Health Services and Technology division
- Avrum Elmakis of TDBBS, LLC for the Emerging division
- Thomas M. Davidson, Jr. of EverFi, Inc. for the Education division
- Da’jon Mason of D-Sign Graphics for the Youth Scholarship division
- Joel Holland of Video Blocks for the Digital division
- Dr. Robert Samit of MyEyeDr. for the Consumer Products and Services division
Each participant left with a complimentary copy of the Washington Business Journal as well as the spring edition of Exceptional Magazine, published by Ernst & Young, LLP.
The winners will all compete at the national level for the national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year awards to be held later this year.