FOSE 2013 will present sessions on Big Data and Business Intelligence May 14-16 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. The sessions will examine the tools and technologies being used to analyze massive sets of data while highlighting management and policy challenges that come up in the process.
The Big Data and Business Intelligence track will feature an opening keynote address, and six interactive panels ranging from predictive and social analytics to high-speed big data transport technology. Those attending the sessions will hear public and private sector leaders discuss the growing importance of incorporating big data technologies into overall strategies.
“Big data has been around for years, but the concept of utilizing this data to reach business objectives is always evolving in the industry,” said Mike Eason, vice president, Public Sector Events, 1105 Media, Inc. “Businesses and agencies are finding ways to analyze this data to discover useful patterns and insights to solve challenges from fiscal management to cybersecurity. This track will help attendees with strategies to manage their data and methods to gain maximum information from it.”
Speakers will include the following:
- Thomas Cellucci, Ph.D., Founder, Chairman and CEO, Cellucci Associates, Inc.
- RG Conlee, SVP and Chief Innovation Officer, Xerox
- Anand Das, Chief Technology Officer, Xerox Federal
- David Mitchem, Data Fusion Lead, U.S. Army
- Michelle Munson, President & CEO, Aspera
- Donna Roy, Executive Director, Information Sharing Environment , Office of the CIO, Department of Homeland Security
- Cindy Walker, Director and Solution Architect, Pragmatics, Inc.
- Jim Walker, Director of Product Marketing, Hortonworks
The Big Data and Business Intelligence sessions include:
- Big Data & Hadoop: Threat or Opportunity?
- Big Data from a Management Perspective
- New Big Data Capabilities Create New Workflows and Unlock the Power of the Cloud
- NOAA’s N-Wave: A Creative and Cost Effective Approach to Moving Big Data in the Federal Government
- Promoting Transparency and Improving Financial Management Using Predictive Analytics and Social Analytics
For more information, click here.