The American Council for Technology-Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) awarded six winning government information technology (IT) programs during its 12th annual Excellence.gov Awards luncheon in Washington, D.C. last week.Thirty finalists were recognized for exceptional government programs and projects that use information technology in an innovative way to improve services to citizens, enhance government operations, and provide a more open and transparent government.”ACT-IAC is proud to recognize the finest in IT innovation,” said ACT-IAC Executive Director Kenneth Allen. “This year’s Excellence.gov Award winners exemplify how true greatness can develop from collaboration between government and industry. These six programs are the shining stars in the government IT community and represent the immense effort and results that government is delivering in service, in efficiency, and in expanding coverage.”The six category winners will be invited to display their programs at the 2012 Management of Change Conference in Cambridge, Maryland on June 3-5, 2012.A panel of senior government and industry IT executives reviewed a record number of over 100 nominations before narrowing the field down to the six winners recognized at this year’s awards ceremony:Excellence in Enhancing the Customer Experience
- E-Verify Self Check — Department of Homeland Security Office of the Chief Information Officer E-Verify Self Check is a free, internet-based application created in response to a request by Congress to create a service through which U.S. workers could check their own employment eligibility status outside of the employer focused E-Verify process. Available in all states and U.S. territories, Self Check represents an innovative technological achievement for the Department and is also a ground-breaking partnership between the technical solutions provider and business owner.
Excellence in Intergovernmental Collaboration
- DC Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Case Initiation Project (CIP) – District of Columbia CIP automated the process by which adult criminal information (both data and documents) is passed from arrest through prosecutorial action to the actual case filing. The following eight partner agencies (representing Federal, District and the judiciary) participated in this landmark project in the nation’s capital: DC Superior Court, DC Metropolitan Police Department, US Attorney’s Office, DC Office of the Attorney General, Pretrial Services Agency for DC, US Parole Commission, Public Defender Service and DC Criminal Justice Coordinating Council.
Excellence in the Workforce
- milConnect web application — Defense Manpower Data Center milConnect is a centralized, online resource that provides service members and their families quick access to their profile, health care enrollments, benefits, and other military-related topics. Additionally, service members can use milConnect to access their personnel and service-related information. The self-service functions allow users to quickly and easily find and, where applicable, update their information in the Defense Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). milConnect transmits information to and from one reliable source safely and securely.
Excellence in Innovation: Social Media
- Utah Connect: State Social Media Portal — Utah Department of Technology Services The Utah Connect Portal aggregates all of Utah’s state, local, and federal social media content as a tool to support the business objectives of the state of Utah. This includes over 300 Twitter feeds, as well as hundreds of Facebook accounts, blogs, YouTube video streams, and many other types of social media content, making it easy for citizens to access and consume the latest information and services.
Excellence in Innovation: Mobility
- SFMTA SFpark project — San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) SFpark is pioneering the world’s most advanced parking management system. Using sensors, new meters, real-time parking data and demand responsive pricing that help maintain desired parking availability, SFpark takes the guesswork out of parking in the city. These elements work together to make parking more convenient and easier to find using smartphones, resulting in improved traffic flow, reduced traffic congestion and transportation-related emissions. This benefits drivers, Muni riders, bicyclists, pedestrians, visitors, residents, merchants and more.
Excellence in Enterprise Efficiencies AND Overall Winner for 2012 Excellence.gov Awards:
- Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) — Department of State The Integrated Logistics Management System has transitioned the State Department from a largely paper-based organization to the leading edge of supply chain technology. The solution is an efficient, accountable and measurable way to support the State Department’s complex, worldwide supply chain–the procurement, storage, shipment, tracking and tracing of supplies and personal effects around the globe. It is now fully deployed domestically and at 245 overseas posts in 175 countries.
займы до зарплаты онлайн