Nationally recognized experts, and leaders with experience across the U.S. federal government, will join the newly formed Accenture U.S. Federal Advisory Board.
The advisory board will provide Accenture Federal Services with new perspectives on the federal market, industry trends and business strategies. The group will serve in an internal advisory capacity and will meet quarterly.
“The U.S. federal market is the cornerstone of our global public service business,” said Stephen J. Rohleder, group chief executive of Accenture’s Health & Public Service Operating Group. “We are honored to draw on the decades of experience from these esteemed leaders to gain even more valuable insights that will help us create offerings and build additional capabilities to better serve the needs of our U.S. federal clients.”
- James Cartwright, USMC General, ret., former vice chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and lead for U.S. Strategic Command.
- Michael Chertoff, former U.S. Secretary for the Department of Homeland Security; currently chairman of The Chertoff Group.
- Tom Daschle, former U.S. Senator; senior policy advisor at DLA Piper’s Government Affairs practice.
- William J. Lynn, former U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense, the second-highest ranking official at the Department of Defense.
- Mary Peters, former U.S. Secretary of Transportation and president of Mary Peters Consulting.
“We are constantly expanding our expertise to meet the changing needs of our clients,” said Kay Kapoor, who leads Accenture’s federal business. “The advisory board members bring the right mix of federal experience to help Accenture continue to shape innovative solutions that are needed at a time when our government is facing unprecedented challenges.”